I have found that this name is just too long to type in every single time someone wants to come to my page so i have made a new blog… with an easier name to type out… Crystal’s Healthy Success. I am not changing anything about my blog I am just changing the url so that it is easier =)
I know it has been a long time and I am truly sorry. I feel like I am over my head in school work this semester and I just can’t seem to get motivated this semester. I am trying to get my butt in gear right now. I am going to try my best to update this blog even if I have to do it at 4 in the morning.
One thing that I am excited about is, I found a place to go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. I have wanted to cross-country ski all winter but have not got around to it at all. I definitely have the winter blues right now. I usually don’t like the winter but if I have something fun to do outside then I could manage to go outside for a little bit. So I am hoping to go soon before the snow is gone.
Well, I am going to get going and do some homework but I will be back soon =) Have a wonderful night!!
I know I have been slacking on the blog the last couple of days. I am just trying to get everything organized in my life right now. I just started school again and I am trying to get everything situated so that this semester will be a breeze and go by fast. Also, so that I don’t miss a deadline for an assignment or so that I don’t get behind in my work. I am hoping I will be able to post more often once I get my life organized. If any of you are reading is right now I would like to say, Thank you so much for being so patient!!
Well, yesterday evening was the day that I recommitted to Weight Watchers and this time I believe that it is going to stick. I am the happiest about the new program because all fruit and most of the veggies are now FREE. That use to be the downside of the old program. I would always choose something else instead of a fruit because why use 2 points for a banana when you can have something like a 100 calorie pack of cookies for the same amount of points. It never really made sense to me at all but now this new program seems to make more sense and I am just excited to see what happens on the scale next Monday evening.
To start it off today I had a yummy bowl of oatmeal and strawberries…
and I finally had a Clementine after passing them up about 10 times in the grocery store. I will never pass you up again. I haven’t had one it probably more than 10 years and totally forgot what they tasted like. They are so sweet and juicy and I just fell in love with them all over again. I will definitely be sad when they go out of season and they are not in the grocery store anymore.
Anyway, if you are all wondering why this post is called last day of freedom it is because this is the last day of my Christmas break and I start my next semester at school tomorrow. I don’t know if I am ready or not but I am sure about one thing, that I don’t have to drive an hour to school this semester. I took all online classes this semester because last semester I look one class on campus and the drive there was horrible. So this semester I don’t have to drive at all and then fall semester I will most likely be living on campus so I am so excited to see what they year holds for me! Well, I have to do some cleaning (because I didn’t get very much done yesterday) and then I have to get some work done. Later everyone!
Usually Sunday is a slow day but yesterday was great. First I started my day watching football and my Detroit Lions kick some butt against the Minnesota Vikings. This was their 4th win in a row and I just wish that the season wasn’t over! While watching the game I munched on some Chinese food.
Once it was halftime I jumped in the shower and got ready to go to the Detroit Red Wings game with my dad. I bought him tickets for Christmas. Believe it or not but I had never been to a Red Wings game in my life (I feel deprived.. haha) and I just thought it would be fun to go because my dad loves sports (and so do I). The only sad part was that I didn’t take my camera with me and get pictures because I wasn’t sure if they were going to let me take it in. Once we got to the arena thought I found out that I could have brought it. It just said “no flash photography” and “no lens over 60 mm”.
All in all the game was awesome with the exception of us losing the game. We were coming back in the 3rd period and scored two goals to make the score 3 to 2 but in the end the Philadelphia Flyers won. Even though the Wings lost I had a great time and can’t wait to go to another game. I think I am hooked now! I mean I have always loved hockey but just being there is 100x better!
Well, I am going to do some cleaning… Be back later =)
I know I missed talking about my New Year’s Eve festivities that went on and I am sorry about that. I will recap right now for you. Not much really happened at the beginning of the day except that it was a heat wave here. 43 degrees on December 31st is unheard of in Michigan but the down side was that it was pouring rain. I woke up early with every intention to go out and run some errands but with the temperature change and rain my head and sinuses did not like it at all. My head was hurting so much so I just went back to sleep for a couple hours in hopes that the headache would go away before having to get ready to party.
Two hours later I woke up and had no headache! =) I was just so happy that the headache didn’t ruin my night. Once I finally got out of bed I had to start getting ready to go to my uncle’s house to bring in the New Year with my family.
The night included snacks, karaoke, champagne and just partying the night away! I am just so lucky to be surrounded by all the people I love when bringing in 2011!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
The time is finally here to share what I have come up with for my new year resolutions. I took a lot of time to come up with these and I am hoping that I can achieve every single one of them because in the past I have never been very good at keeping with my resolutions. After about a month or two I always fall of the wagon but this year is the year to get back and actually accomplish what I really want!!
2011 Resolution List!!
1. Make it within 20 pounds of my goal weight! (My official weight in is on Monday at Weight Watchers so we will see what my starting weight is this time).
2. Read at least 2 books a month!
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week! I have been slacking on this one the past year and I just need to get back to doing this and finding fun ways to stay motivated so I don’t get bored.
4. Save money for school! I really can’t say how much I am going to save since I haven’t found a job yet but I am going to save at much as I can.
5. Sell all the stuff I have accumulated on Ebay! I have been selling stuff for a while now and I would like to get rid of a lot of stuff before the end of august. My goal is to at least list all the items I have because that is one step closer to someone buying it. I am not going to say that someone is going to buy the item but I am very hopeful that they do. If you would like to check out my items click here.
6. Try a new recipe at least once a week! I have so many recipes that I have wanted to try but i just haven’t got around to it but this year is going to be different.
7. Set mini goals for my weight loss journey and reward myself when I achieve them! I find that if I do this I will be able to stick to it and achieve my weight goal.
8. Take more pictures! Since I have a new Canon SLR camera I see no problem with is goal. I would have in the pass though because I would always forget my camera but with this one how can you forget it. It is just so big and beautiful and it just screams take pictures with me, haha.
9. Just enjoy this year!! Because in August I will most likely be moving out of my parents house and into an On-campus apartment at my school (that is if they have an opening for me). I am crossing my fingers!!
Well I am off to watch some more football and relax! Enjoy your New years day!! =)
Question: What are some of your New Year resolutions?